Short and long-term Dust Control
If you need a quick, practical solution for excessive dust on haul roads, access roads and other exposed areas, look no further. AcriBind is a specially formulated blend of co-latex styrene acrylate polymer, lignosulphonate and surfactant.
The product is designed to provide short-term improvements in dust control through reduced surface tension and penetration of water, coupled with the organic binding properties of lignosulphonate. Longer-term, the presence of polymer will provide a cumulative seal over the exposed surface that will control dust and reduce water ingress into the ground.
Developed initially for road dust control in the mining environment, AcriBind has also proven to be efficacious in complementary industries where dust control is needed on roads or other exposed ground conditions.
AcriBind is conveniently delivered in a concentrated liquid form ready to use. It is typically diluted in a water cart at a concentration of 2% to 5% and applied via a simple spray-on treatment as part of the normal watering practice. It is compatible with most water sources available at mines and other industrial sites, making this dust control product extremely versatile for use in a wide-range of applications.
Treated areas are immediately trafficable after application, making it the product of choice across numerous operations.
Environmental & Cost Benefits:
- Operational dust reductions
- Water savings of up to 75%
- Improved safety due to increased visibility for all road users and reduced risk of a vehicle losing control due to over-watering
- Operational cost savings and efficiencies due to a reduction in watercart operating hours
- Operational cost savings through a reduction in road maintenance; resulting in reduced need for graders, other road maintenance equipment and regular replenishment of surface wearing course material
- Less wet weather delays due to faster road drying times, improved wet weather trafficability and fewer washouts
- Reduced fuel consumption on heavy haulage roads
- Inherently biodegradable – will decompose over time and will not contaminate ground water
- Important information
- Key benefits
- Application details
- Plus a remarkable Case Study
A full range of proven solutions
With well over 30 years of global research and refinement to rely on, Dust-A-Side has everything it takes – the experience, the personnel and in particular the products – to provide quantifiable results on every level.
Dust-A-Side have a complete range of dust suppression products to provide the most operationally and cost effective solution across any operation.
They can be used – effectively and economically – in a wide range of applications such as semi-permanent roads, temporary roads, underground work areas, laydown facilities, exposed areas, stockpile/embankment areas, veneering and construction areas.
Our products include bitumen and polymer based emulsions, as well as organic binders, surfactant technologies and a range of blended products. Each product is designed and developed to perform a specific task and can be applied in different ways to achieve your desired outcomes.
For more information about any of our proven products, simply call us on 1800 662 387.