The ultimate in Dust Control
For the most productive roads at the lowest life-cycle cost, choose DAS Product.
The flagship of Dust-a-Side Australia, this emulsion of bitumen in water is specially formulated to suppress dust on roads, hardstands and laydown areas in heavy industrial environments such as mines, quarries and construction sites.
Incorporating this superior dust control product into the surface wearing course layer via a stabilisation process results in better visibility, increased safety and extended tyre life. This in turn leads to a reduction in total user costs and an improved service provided for the end users.
DAS Product has been applied with great success for more than three decades.
For dust control and surface sealing results, the product can simply be used as a spray-on treatment.
It is conveniently delivered in a concentrated liquid form ready to use; it is typically diluted in a water cart at a concentration of 2.5% right up to 50% depending on the specific requirement.
After application, it forms an impermeable seal so that roads and other dust-bearing surfaces are dust and mud free and functional in all weather conditions.
Environmental & Cost Benefits:
- Operational dust reductions of 90%+.
- Water savings of 95%+.
- Safer roads due to improved visibility.
- Operational cost savings and efficiencies due to the reduced need for water carts.
- Increased productivity on heavy haulage roads through faster cycle times (up to 30% reduction in rolling resistance).
- Less wet-weather delays due to faster road drying times, improved wet-weather trafficability and fewer washouts.
- Lower initial construction costs when building new roads.
- Operational cost savings through a reduced need for graders and other road maintenance equipment, as well as regular replenishment of surface wearing course material.
- Reduction in fuel consumption on heavy haulage roads of 3% (on average).
- Improved tyre life and equipment component life.
- Safer haulage conditions due to the reduced likelihood of uncontrolled vehicle movements.
- Reduced road roughness, leading to lower maintenance costs for mobile equipment and health and safety benefits for operators.
- Important information
- Key benefits
- Application details
- Plus a remarkable Case Study
A full range of proven solutions
With well over 30 years of global research and refinement to rely on, Dust-A-Side has everything it takes – the experience, the personnel and in particular the products – to provide quantifiable results on every level.
Dust-A-Side have a complete range of dust suppression products to provide the most operationally and cost effective solution across any operation.
They can be used – effectively and economically – in a wide range of applications such as semi-permanent roads, temporary roads, underground work areas, laydown facilities, exposed areas, stockpile/embankment areas, veneering and construction areas.
Our products include bitumen and polymer based emulsions, as well as organic binders, surfactant technologies and a range of blended products. Each product is designed and developed to perform a specific task and can be applied in different ways to achieve your desired outcomes.
For more information about any of our proven products, simply call us on 1800 662 387.